Saturday, November 5, 2011

Where is the respect? Flickr vs Youtube in terms of respect (Editorial)

This, people is another editorial, so if do not like hearing me talk about the brickfilming community's faults you may proceed past this article. However if you can relate to me I prefer that you stick around. On to the real topic here, people do you have anything better to do than hate on others. To be quite honest its uncalled for, specifically the Flickr community is responsible. What happens on Flickr stays on Flickr. Users on there if they do not know you they will find a "bad" Moc of yours, try to hate on it, and then depreciate of its value. I have had this happen to me countless times before and there probably will be more times where it will happen. Its the rudeness people, what do you get from it? Youtube to me is a better place, where people actually give constructive criticism and tell me how I can do better, on Flickr when people don't know you they just troll. Sometimes the trolling can get a little out of hand and a little offensive or a lot out of hand and really offensive. Just depends on how you take all of it. Flickr is also a big name calling community, this word might ring a loud bell for all of you guys "fanboi". Okay lets see if I can break this down enough to where its more understandable. If you are a fanboy, this is what the signs are.
Bad Grammar
Always commenting that its the best
You say: oooo neds moar clunes
Maturity level is that of three year old
Under 13 years of age
Those are the signs of a fanboi. Oh, how I love this next one. People accusing you of being a "fanboi". They would accuse you of saying "good work". I mean apparently there is some Flickr code saying that I have to follow by saying this, this, and that. I am sorry but I am not following a code of law like that. Lastly I would like to say that Youtube does have its but sometimes its the users fault. People accuse this guy Legoboy12345678 of being a user of his fanbois, which I can see why since he does not get a whole lot of constructive criticism. Apparently he has never heard of flipping through comments to see what people say so he can better. I don't know if you have noticed, but it seems as if he is always needing work on his Mocs, it kind of shows in his Mocs whether he flips through the constructive criticism or not. What I am trying to get at here is that Flickr does have constructive criticism but you run the greater risk of getting flamed. As for Youtube you can get constructive criticism and run the lower risk of getting flamed. I personally like YT better, but you may like Flickr. I guess it just depends who keeps track of your work fanbois, people who help you improve, and the trollers. That is what really determines what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment