Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We are 3/4 of the way to 100 (Reflection)

I have been on YT for more than two years. Its been tough for me, going through times where I think should I stay or should I not. Recent events have led me to staying, but I have to say I still think about leaving. I go on to other people's YT channels see how things are going. There is nothing wrong with just going on to someones channel, I check what time they joined and it is 2011. I have been on YT for more than two years and they have more success than me, I am proud of them but you have to wonder was it something legit that they did to get all that success so fast. They also have less videos, my point is some people work harder than others. You work for your success and that is what I live by. I am not jealous by any means of this person but my thing is, I have worked harder to get where I am at. Take comparison: A guy who has more than 60 uploads and 2 years experience on YT has less than 100 subscribers to a guy who has been on six months only 10 uploads and 400 subscribers. Think about it people, there is no way that can be legit.
For the other half of this article I will be talking about how things have been for the past two years for me. Where to begin, I must say. Well in 2009 I had created an account for Youtube, the later part for the year I stared making videos for my channel. I had no productions name, I just made really noobish videos for quite sometime. My friend legofan57, who temporarily likes to help with the site, decided to collaborate for ideas with me. When you were young like us the possibilities were endless. We continued on and we actually started to get support from people out there, because we had developed a greater sense into what content people would like. Once we had an Xbox live clan it was kind of a promotional thing for our productions. The name of it was U.S . Marines Clan. Me and my friend finally caught on making a name, U.S . Marines Productions. Things would continue on and soon we got rid of the clan but we kept the name. I soon started to meet these guys on brickfilming community sites, we became pretty good friends over a good chat. I am still friends with them today, and they have very much influenced the way we brickfilm. It was nothing like sitting at my desk with a cup of espresso and a chat. The reason I felt like sharing the friend part, is these guys are first people I know that I met on the community sites. The influences they had, shape somewhat what is today U.S . Marines Productions. As we continue on, I look forward to sharing our work more and more with you guys. A special thanks goes out to all of my friends for your support throughout our productions as well a shout out towards our fans. If it was not for that support U.S . Marines Productions would have been long gone by now. Right now I will share my FIRST EVER VIDEO THAT I EVER MADE. Obviously things have changed, our voices have changed, our feel to films has changed, and our approach to things. So expect this to be a bit noobish more like a whole lot of noobish but whatever.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=367LPNM3UTc&feature=channel_video_title


First ever video: December 26 2009
YT account created: July 6 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment